Membership is available to insurance agencies consisting of either Illinois licensed insurance producers organized as sole proprietorships or registered firms (as defined by the Illinois Insurance Code) who support the IIA of IL's objectives. Membership is by agency; therefore each agency is entitled to one vote.
To be eligible to be an Agency Member of the IIA of IL, an insurance agency doing business as an individual, partnership, corporation or other form of business must meet the following criteria:
- be licensed as required by the State of Illinois to market and sell the insurance and financial services products it offers;
- maintain such licenses in good standing;
- engage in any or all types of insurance business with the ability to represent or place insurance with multiple carriers;
- meet all other membership eligibility requirements of the Association.
Why Join the IIA of IL? Find out here.
To apply, click here.
Associate membership is available to individuals employed by insurance companies operating under American Agency System principles as well as other non-insurance licensed individuals, or firms, directly affiliated with the insurance business.
- For over 40 years Illinois has been the most competitive insurance market in the U.S.
- 192 property and casualty insurers, 40 life insurers, and 39 health insurers are domiciled in Illinois.
- Illinois insurance companies wrote $190 billion in insurance premiums of Property & Casualty, Life and Health insurance combined-placing Illinois second overall in the country.
For additional information and to apply, click here.
Current Associate Members: Check out your resource & benefits page here.
There is incredible power in like-minded individuals acting together.