WHAT IS IIAPAC?
Your Independent Insurance Agents Political Action Committee (IIAPAC) supports candidates for and members of the Illinois General Assembly who support the legislative agenda of IIA of IL.
IIAPAC is a bi-partisan committee, making significant contributions to both Republican and Democratic candidates.
Your association has defeated:
- Compensation and profit sharing disclosure requirements
- Municipal licensure and regulation of insurance agents and agencies
- Taxes, fees and additional small business regulations
Positive initiatives that passed include:
- Tort Reform: Two-year statute of limitations on civil actions against producers and the Insurance Placement Liability Act which limits civil actions against producers when placing coverage
- Changed classroom ethics requirement to allow webinars to qualify for continuing education
- Agency principals' ownership of expirations
- Department of Insurance market conduct examinations of PEOs and payroll companies
- Licensure and Department of Insurance oversight of ACA navigators
We need your help...
- In the last two years, only 25% of IIA of IL member agencies contributed to IIAPAC.
- Collections average $63,000 annually, which is considerably less than comparable association PACs.
Your financial support will help elect and re-elect candidates who share our business philosophies.
Click here to download the contribution form or donate online using the link on the right.